Instructional Coach, Math & Science
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (S.T.E.A.M) Coordinator
Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy, Atlanta Public Schools, Atlanta, GA 30311 July 2015 – Present
6th Grade Math Teacher, Gifted Coordinator
J. C. Young Middle School, Atlanta Public Schools, Atlanta, GA 30311
July 2014 – June 2015
Instructional Coach, Math and Science
Bethune Elementary, Atlanta, GA 30314 July 2012 – June 2014
- Continuously provide leadership and expertise at the local school level to support improvement in adult education via course instruction.
- Served as in-house subject matter expert for Science and Math content and curriculum support and resources focused on improving best practices for teachers and student achievement.
- Conducts and designs professional development for adult learners to improve pedagogy, content and techniques.
- Supports and informs Principal in school-based instructional decisions and serves in their absences.
- Promotes district instructional priorities by providing support and demonstration of the following skills: training, modeling coaching; instructional guidance necessary for the operation of the instructional program
- Conducts informal classroom observations and provides feedback to teachers and assists with the development of new teachers.
- Facilitates professional learning communities and assists teachers with collaborative lesson planning.
- Monitors the impact of teacher effectiveness on student academic progress and develops curriculum interventions and adjustments based on formative and summative assessments.
- Conducts analysis of formative and summative student data and recommends modifications to teacher facilitated instruction.
- Analyze existing programs and achievement data to identify professional development needs and designs and delivers site based professional learning to adult learners.
- Evaluate classroom lesson plans and provides lesson plan feedback to teachers.
- Attends meetings, conferences and collaborations with local education agencies and professional organizations to design effective curriculum delivery and course instruction.
- Managed Title I budget purchases requisitions, orders, and maintained records of educational resources.
Master Instructional Coach, Mathematics & Science Department
Atlanta Public Schools
Center for Learning and Leadership, 130 Trinity Ave. Atlanta, GA 30303 May 2010 –June 2012
- Served as in-house subject matter expert and liaison between academia and corporate entities who share in the stakes or need for a mathematically and scientifically knowledgeable and skilled workforce and citizenry.
- Generated and designed creative solutions and alternatives to educational challenges and toward achieving organizational goals.
- Department website and Learning Management System manager integrating web 2.0 resources for communication and collaboration.
- Developed and oversees the implementation of elementary math and science programs, projects, curriculum and best practices of adult learning principles, policies and procedures.
- Uses observation and achievement data to identify professional development needs and designs and delivered professional learning via in person and video and teleconference models.
- Developed and maintains partnerships and student programs, project management, logistics & records, (i.e., industry, community and university partnerships, student competitions, internships, and volunteers.)
- Promotes district instructional priorities by providing support and demonstration of the following skills: training, modeling coaching, instructional guidance necessary for the operation of the instructional program.
- Provides quality interactions, instructional curriculum, coaching and support products to internal and external clients with the district.
- Assisted in the design and development of innovative solutions to meet educational challenges and achieve the best practice organizational goals.
- Provided feedback in the analyzing process with various system data and student data to determine trends to ensure the most effective strategies for meeting and exceeding state and national student achievement goals.
- Oversees and monitors the formal and informal educational realms of mathematics and science and ensure that quality professional development/training is provided.
- Supports teachers through content-pedagogy professional development, coaching, peer collaboration, classroom visits, and model lesson demonstrations.
- Coordinates and conduct professional development/training opportunities for school-based personnel on implementing the standards-based curriculum, inquiry learning, and authentic assessment.
Instructional Liaison Specialist
Atlanta Public Schools
Dobbs Elementary, 2025 Jonesboro Rd, Atlanta, GA 30315 September 2007-April 2010
- Supported the school’s academic focus and student supervision by setting and enforcing high expectations for student behavior.
- Provided assistance to teachers by evaluating lesson plans, observing classes, demonstrating model lessons, and explaining instructional strategies.
- Conducted Professional Learning course instruction with teachers to develop Science and Mathematics lessons, Problem-based inquiry learning units.
- Monitored the instructional program by evaluating lesson plans, doing informal classroom observations, and providing feedback to teachers.
- Managed Title I budget purchases requisitions, orders, and maintained records of materials, textbooks, and tests.
- Coordinated, supervised, and implemented special programs including EIP, REP, science fairs, and spelling bees.
- Served as building administrator in the absence of the principal and assistant principal, which included working with staff, parents, and community members.
- Facilitated, planned, and organized, in-service training for instructional staff and model teachers.
- Developed the schedule for the school including the master schedule.
- Coordinated and implemented school and system wide testing program which includes ordering materials and in-service.
- Performed other designated duties such as communicating to parents, writing memos, and discipline.
- Assisted the principal with observing the process of instructional delivery in the classroom, prepared analysis explaining the results of observations regarding instructional delivery, and making recommendations.
- Assisted teachers in promoting the integrations of technology into the classroom and overcoming technology problems.
- Assisted in formulation, implementation, and evaluation of school plans, special services, or improvements.
- Conducted conferences with and/or teleconferences with school staff, vendors, and other APS departments and personnel.
- Assisted curriculum implementation and pedagogical strategies for Math and Science instruction, lesson
- Created and design math and science weekly and quarterly benchmark assessments.
- Analyzed data used to influence school-wide instructional practices and goals.
Project GRAD (Graduation Really Achieves Dreams) Mathematics Coach
- Assisted in the analyzing process with various system data and student data to determine trends to ensure the most effective strategies for meeting and exceeding state and national student achievement goals.
- Oversaw and monitored the formal and informal educational realms of elementary mathematics and ensures quality deliverance in professional development is provided.
- Developed and oversees the implementation of innovated elementary mathematics related programs and curriculum.
- Provided quality interactions, instructional curriculum, coaching and support products to external and internal clients with the district.
- Assisted in the development of innovative solutions to meet educational challenges and to achieve the best practice organizational goals.
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK July 1999-September 2007
NASA Aerospace Education Services Project
Aerospace Education Specialist , Adjunct Professor
Special Assignment, Adjunct Professor
NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA March 2005-September 2007
OSU Washington DC Office, Washington, DC
NASA Urban and Rural Community Enrichment Program, Coordinator
Adjunct Professor September 2003-2005
NASA Urban and Rural Community Enrichment Program July 1999-2003